Jon and I have worked hard to have a good marriage. Many years ago we were challenged by a question asked, “Do others get a glimpse of Christ when they see your marriage?” We purposed to invest in our marriage over the years and thankfully the benefits have been tremendous. We will continue to invest as being proactive verses reactive is more effective.
Marriages are constantly under attack as there is the potential for so much good to come from marriage. It’s the foundation of our society and the first institution established by God. What happens in our marriages usually filters down to the rest of our lives and it greatly influences and impacts our children so invest in something that can positively impact future generations.
http://cinziamazzamakeup.com/?x=comprare-viagra-generico-25-mg-a-Bologna Local Resources in Austin
- Intimate Encounters (book)
- Never Alone (Devotional)
- The Pursuit of Intimacy
Together in Texas provides free relationship workshops for singles, couples, parents, and teen. By attending you can receive the needed certificate to wave the fee of $60 for your marriage license.
The Austin Stone Counseling Center provides gospel counseling.
http://cinziamazzamakeup.com/?x=viagra-generico-200-mg-miglior-prezzo-pagamento-online-a-Venezia Chris Thurman Ph.D. Chris is a Psychologist, gifted biblical counselor, and author. I have gleaned much wisdom from his teachings and books.
- The Lies We Believe
- The Truths We Must Believe
- If Christ Were Your Counselor
- Self-Help or Self Destruction
- The Pursuit of Intimacy
This http://maientertainmentlaw.com/?search=generic-levitra-and-valium-taking-together Marriage advice from a divorced man is truly insightful
Various Ministries I’ve turned to for wisdom and biblical insight
- Listen to past broadcast (FREE)
- Be sure to sign up for their FREE daily couples devotion on-line and romance tips for husbands
- Weekend to Remember Conferences are two-and-a-half day weekend getaways held at hotels and resorts around the US. Jon and I have attended 4-5 of them here in Austin, Houston and in San Diego.
- I Still Do Conference are practical, one-day marriage events where couples can invest and strengthen their marriage. We’ve attended 2-3 of these in the past and I am so grateful that FLT is again providing them.
- Love Like You Mean It Cruise is a five-day cruise loaded with top-notch Christian authors and speaker as well as musicians. This year The Austin Stone’s Jimmy McNeal is one of the performers. Jon and I did the cruise back in 2012 and highly recommend it.
- Staying Close: Stopping the Natural Drift Toward Isolation in Marriage
- Moments with You, Daily Devotion
- Moments Together For Couples is a wonderful devotion we give our married couples.
- What Wives Wish Their Husbands Knew About Women
- Listen to their past or recent broadcast.
dove comprare viagra generico 25 mg pagamento online a Torino Love and Respect Dr. Emerson Eggerich
- No Time For Sex – The Arps share five secrets to help time-deprived lovers recapture a five-star love life, including tips for boosting energy and finding time away from the kids. Intimate, frank, and down-to-earth practical, this book is a must for today’s harried married couples.
- The Connected Family
- The 5 Love Needs of Men and Women
- Serving Love workbook
- 40 Unforgettable Dates With Your Mate
- Married Happily Ever After?
- Conflict Resolution tapes
- Golf and Marriage
Smalley Institute with Dr. Gary Smalley
- For Women only what you need to know about the inner lives of men (***)
- For Men only a straightforward guide to the inner lives of women (***)
Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
- The Five Love Languages Of (Children, Mate, Singles, Teens)
- The Marriage You’ve Always Wanted
- Covenant Marriage
- Love is a Verb
Today OnePlace.com is the leading provider of Christian audio content on the Internet. Here’s what that means for you:
- Listen to your favorite Christian broadcasters, such as James Dobson, John MacArthur, Chuck Swindoll, Dr. David Jeremiah, Tony Evans, Kay Arthur, Beth Moore, and many more any time, at your convenience!
- Browse the list of ministry programs offered.
- Listen live to your choice of several Christian radio stations.
- Choose to listen to specific topics or hear many compelling answers to frequently asked questions.
Blogs on Marriage
- The Marriage Bed Sex and Intimacy for Married Christians
- Link to Great Christian Blogs for Men on Marriage
- Journey to Surrender A counter-cultural pathway to a stronger Christian Marriage written by Scott.
- Do Not Disturb Freedom may be found behind closed doors They offer a study guide to Timothy Keller’s The Meaning of Marriage book.
- Dr. Christy Demetriades Love God. Love Other. Serve The World.
Our Favorite Videos and Audios:
- Christ-Centered Relationships part 1 video by Francis & Lisa Chan
- Christ-Centered Relationships part 2 video by Francis & Lisa Chan
- Christ-Centered Relationships part 3 video by Francis & Lisa Chan
- The Purpose of Marriage audio by Matt Carter
- The Purpose of Sex audio by Matt Carter
- Is Divorce Biblical audio by Matt Carter
- Marriage & Covenant by Kris Vallotton
A Few Other Books to Read
- Praying the Bible for your Marriage by David & Heather Kopp
- Reforming Marriage by Douglas Wilson
- The Marriage Builder by Larry Crabb
- Fighting For Your Marriage by Markman, Stanley & Blumberg
- Marriage on the Rock by Jimmy Evans
- Rocking the Roles by Lewis & Hendriks
- The Love Dare by Kindrick
- Love, Sex, & Lasting Relationships by Chip Ingram
- Moral Revolution, The Naked Truth About Sexual Purity by Kris & Jason Vallotton
- Married Without Masks by Nancy Groom
- For over thirty years, PREPARE/ENRICH has led the way in helping couples explore and strengthen their relationships.
- Relational Needs Assessment this assessment can also be done using the Gloo App. which does the scoring and keeps your top three relational needs recorded.
- Emotional Needs Questionnaire designed to help you determine your most important emotional needs and evaluate your spouse’s effectiveness in meeting those needs.
- Discover your Love Language
- Personality Test Carl Jung’s and Isabel Briggs Myers’ typological approach to personality.
- Personality Plus Test Although people are unique, Florence Littauer suggests they fall under one of four personality types. These are choleric, sanguine, melancholy and phlegmatic.
Bottom line, there are so, so many resources available if you are interested and seek to invest in your marriage. I have listed most of what Jon and I have personally benefited from. Please share any resources that have been particularly beneficial to you and let me know why. I plan to update this list quarterly and will add to your suggestions.