Oh I do Declare there is much excitement in the air. Last year I attended the Declare Conference in Dallas, TX. This event greatly impacted my understanding, knowledge, and blogging direction. I am thrilled to be returning in a few short days as it will be a sweet reunion with dear friends I’ve made through the blogging community. I always welcome making new friends 😉 Yep! I’m am a lover of people, AKA, extrovert.
Below are a few other factoids about me as I introduce myself and I prepare to meet new participants at Declare 2014.
4 THINGS ABOUT ME
- I’m a Texan girl. Howdy y’all! I was born in Amarillo and have lived in Austin since 1991. I’ve also lived in Germany, Louisiana, Arizona, California, and Virginia.
- I’m counting down the days to being married 30 years to Jon. We have three daughters: Caryn is 25 and lives in Detroit, MI; Courtney is 23 and lives in La Jolla, CA; Cayley is 13 and lives with us 😉 Parenting a decade later is a lot more challenging because of social media.
- I passed out during our wedding ceremony only to be caught by my dear husband. The videographer stopped recording so that moment was not captured.
- My husband and I accepted Christ together after being married for two years, which completely turned our lives around. Praise Jesus!
4 OF MY ENDEARING QUIRKS
- I’m a little ADD making it hard to sit still and doing only one thing at a time thus I have lots of projects in various stages of completion.
- I’m also somewhat OCD as I can’t work, write, or focus if things around me are messy. Benefit: I keep a clean house.
- I am most expressive with a camera and enjoy capturing moments. I’m obsessed with taking photos of milk art, sunsets, flowers and those I love.
- I like to gather information and share it with others, hence blogging.
4 THINGS ABOUT MY BLOG & WRITING
- Writing and blogging is a love/hate relationship depending on the day.
- On Christmas 2007, my first blog entry read, “I surprised Cherie this Christmas with her very own blogsite that she can use to share her insights and the wisdom God has given her along the way. -jon” My hubby is the best.
- Because I tend to be a perfectionist, writing/blogging can be consuming. According to my husband, I write like I speak plus it doesn’t help that I am somewhat dyslexic.
- I am still trying to figure out the blogging and writing world but I enjoy the opportunity that it has given me to encourage, inspire, and motivate others.
4 OF MY FAVORITE THINGS
- Spending time together with my family. We truly love each other and this makes me happy.
- I enjoy traveling the world and making memories. I especially appreciate seeing God’s creation.
- My relationships with others. I appreciate how my life can encourage others through loving them well.
- LIFE, which is incredibly beautiful!