viagra generico 100 mg italia pagamento online a Firenze The last few days I have been busy preparing to give a talk entitled “How to Teach Your Children About Sex.” I have truly enjoyed the process of gathering information, as I know the gravity of sharing accurate and specific information with my daughters and others. Today I’m excited to share this information with a group of women who attend a private school here in Austin. I am a gatherer and giver of information. The process and preparation has helped me to reevaluate if I am on track with our youngest Cayley. Thankfulness overwhelms me as I consider the choices my older daughters have made and continue to make in regards to dating, purity, modesty, etc… They both are incredible role models.
see url Caryn (24) and Courtney (22) both learned about sex when I became pregnant with their sister Cayley who is a decade younger than them. Home education has many benefits, one of which is using teachable moments. As such, I ended up creating my own sex education curriculum using the Miracle of Life DVD, a pregnancy journal with the baby’s weekly development, doctors appointments, and misc. books. Their life lesson concluded in the delivery room at 4am on April 6th 2001 when Cayley made her grand entrance into the world.
Recently I have had several interesting conversations with one of my daughters regarding sex. She ended up thanking me for being open, approachable, and honest in regards to talking to her about sex at an early age. It is sad how many young people are uninformed.
Be sure to sign up on my landing page to receive your copy of the dosaggio levitra generico Purity Guide for Your Eyes, Navigating Our Sexually Saturated World. I’ve prepared this resource to help others make informed decisions regarding media, gaming, and music choices. I’ve included internet lingo and shorthand for your benefit. Plus, since as parents we all desire to protect our children from stumbling across inappropriate sites, I’ve include a list of Internet filter providers and wireless providers. This is an up to date and comprehensive guide.
Below are a few of the facts I came across on Media Wise Choices
- More than 80% of popular teen TV shows contain sexual content.
- 70% of content once considered “R” rated now appears in PG-13 movies.
- Teens exposed to more sexual content in TV, movies, and music tend to have sex at younger ages and to engage in risky sex.
- 59 million kids, aged 2-17, regularly play video games. One out of seven shows signs of an addiction. One out of three boys admitted that they feel addicted.
- Research shows that media violence has not just increased in quantity; it has also become more graphic, sexual, and sadistic.
- The average child who watches 2 hours of cartoons per day may see more than 10,000 violent acts every year.
- 55% of teens have a social networking profile on a site like Facebook or MySpace.
- 64% of online teens say that most of them do things online that they would not want their parents to know about.
- Over 40% of preteens and teens surveyed said they have encountered nudity and pornography on the Internet.
- The majority of users of online pornography are 12-17 year old boys.
- MySpace, a site popular with tweens and teens, reported that it had identified and removed 29,000 convicted sex offenders caught using the site.
- One in five children will be approached by a sexual predator online.
This is the first of five+ posts to help you navigate through talking to your child(ren) about sex. I will include age specific posts with key topics to present along with recommended resources for each developmental stage. So come back to visit. Be sure not to miss any by signing up to receive the series in your inbox. Blessings.