I like newness. A new year, new clothes, places, etc… So today there is much excitement surrounding the launch of a NEW blog for moms at http://momheart.org/blog/
For almost fifteen years I have been greatly influenced and equipped by The WholeHearted Ministry through books and conferences. How exciting that they continue to provide support for moms through this new blog. After becoming a mother I realized I was ill prepared to be a mom. Seven years into the journey I came across Clay and Sally Clarkson speaking at a conference in CA. Their message was appealing and life changing as it continually brought me back to God’s word. Their grace-based teachings were exactly what my soul desperately needed to hear.
As moms we need each other for encouragement, equipping, and sanity Motherhood is not a journey to be traveled alone. With today’s technology there are numerous resources at your finger tips but you still need to be connecting with one another in meaningful ways. Today’s featured blog contributor shares how to start a group in your area. Speaking from experience, there is so much value through group participation. When I returned to Austin in 1998 after living three years in San Diego I felt lonely and hardly knew anyone who was home schooling so I organized the Austin WholeHearted Home School Group. For several years I met many moms who inspired me to continue the journey I was on. I fondly recall the various groups I have been privileged to participate in. Today I find myself more in a mentoring role as my two eldest daughters have graduated from college. However, I still seek support as I have a ten year old. Regardless of where you are along the path you should always be investing in others.
I humbly ask you to help us connect with other moms.
- Please share with the momheart blog with all of your mom friends.
- Subscribe to the MomHeart.org RSS feed to know when a new post is on their blog.
- Go to the “Mom Heart Online” page on Facebook and LIKE plus share it with your friends.
- If you are active on Twitter (I hope to one day learn how to use this social tool), you can follow them at: @momheartonline.
- Be sure to check out the blogs of the various contributors to be encouraged.
- Leave a comment at iTakeJoy.com to be entered in a give away as Sally will be giving away four (4) one-hour audios from our moms conferences over the years (1996-2010 so far). Whoever wins will be able to select the messages from the dozens now available as MP3 downloads in the Whole Heart Online Store.
- Lastly, if you comment on either my Facebook post or the blog you will automatically be entered into a free book give away for one of the following books The Mission of Motherhood, The Ministry of Motherhood, Seasons Of Motherhood, or Dancing With My Father.